Select Page

An experienced nurse attorney has surely helped a lot of RNs and LVNs when it comes to cases that may lead to disciplinary action. Unfortunately, not all nurses were able to hire a nurse attorney as they underwent such cases. This incident that an RN committed on June 15, 2017, was one of those examples.

On or about August 29, 2017, while employed as a Registered Nurse in a medical facility in Austin, the RN was found sleeping multiple times while providing care to the patient. She was likely to injure the patient in that it adversely affected her ability to recognize subtle signs, symptoms or changes in the patient’s conditions, and could have affected her ability to make rational, accurate, and appropriate assessments, judgments, and decisions regarding patient care, thereby placing the patient in potential danger.

The Texas Board of Nursing has full jurisdiction over all cases regarding errors committed by an RN or LVN. During the hearing, the RN states her supervisor advised her to write a letter admitting to sleeping and stated the worst that could happen is that she would be moved to the day shift, which she had already been requesting. She states her new position is a day time position and after transitioning to days, she states she identified a medical condition related to sleep, severe sleep apnea. The RN states she sought out medical attention and treatment. She states she feels she was coerced into admitting something she did not do and has sought help in preventing it from becoming an issue in the future.

The following incident and defense against the case caused the Texas Board of Nursing to place the RN and her license into disciplinary proceedings. She would have sought assistance from a good nurse attorney to provide clarifications towards the case.

If you’ve ever done any errors during your shift as an RN or LVN, and you wish to preserve your career and your license, an experienced nurse attorney is what you need. Nurse Attorney Yong J. An, an experienced nurse lawyer for various criminal cases for 16 years, can assist you by contacting him at (832) 428-5679.