Select Page

An RN or LVN who violates the state laws and issuances from the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) should seek proper help from a nurse attorney.  Doing so could make or break their cases. As a matter of fact, the license can even be suspended or revoked if not defended properly.

In Salt Lake City, a negligent homicide charge is being reinstated for an eastern Utah jail nurse accused of failing to help a 21-year-old inmate who died in December 2016 of severe hydration.

A judge tossed out the misdemeanor case against the LVN last February, ruling there wasn’t enough evidence to proceed to trial.

But the Utah Court of Appeals reserved that decision, saying prosecutors had met their burden at the preliminary hearing to show that the LVN likely would have known that inmate was at substantial risk of death.

Because of this, the RN was summoned by the Texas Board of Nursing to defend her side. During the defense, the RN said she is very upset by the allegations and that she is innocent. She said she believes it could be a misunderstanding.

Because of the incident, the RN was disciplined and suspended by the Board of Nursing.

The Texas Board of Nursing (BON) is the government agency that has jurisdiction to hear and decide administrative cases involving RN and LVN license. The Board has the power to suspend and/or revoke the nurse license.  It is also the agency that is responsible for overseeing the practice of professional nursing all over the State of Texas.

The Texas Board of Nursing decided to revoke her license as a result of her actions. It’s because she failed to hire a good criminal nurse attorney for the case, which is why her defense was not matched with the evidence that the Board possesses.

A good criminal nurse attorney is always the best line of defense for these cases. This is the reason why Nurse Attorney Yong J. An is dedicated to helping those nurses in need to settle their cases. For a private consultation and other inquiries, it’s best to contact him for assistance by dialing (832)-428-5679.