Select Page

An experienced nurse attorney has surely helped a lot of RNs and LVNs when it comes to cases that may lead to disciplinary action. Unfortunately, not all nurses were able to hire a nurse attorney as they underwent such cases. This incident that an LVN committed in February 2019, was one of those examples.

At the time of the incident, the LVN was employed as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in a medical facility in El Paso and had been in that position for eight months.

On or about February 2019, while employed as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in El Paso, the LVN submitted falsified visit notes for hours not worked. Further, the LVN admitted to his employer that he received money for hours not worked and subsequently returned the money to his employer.

Her conduct created an inaccurate medical record and was likely to injure the patients in that subsequent caregivers would not have accurate information on which to base their care decisions. Further, her conduct was likely to defraud and deceive the agency of money paid to the LVN for hours that were not actually worked.

In response to the incident, the LVN admits she left the patient’s home early and received payment for hours he did not work. She states he knew it wasn’t right, but the patient’s mother told him that he could leave early. The LVN states she paid the money back to her employer.

Because of this, a complaint was filed against the LVN.  The Texas Board of Nursing (BON) has full jurisdiction over all cases regarding errors committed by an RN or LVN.

The following incident and defense against the case caused the Texas Board of Nursing to place the LVN and her license into disciplinary proceedings. She would have sought assistance from a good nurse attorney to provide clarifications towards the case.

If you’ve ever done any errors during your shift as an RN or LVN, and you wish to preserve your career and your license, an experienced nurse attorney is what you need. Nurse Attorney Yong J. An, an experienced nurse lawyer for various criminal cases for 16 years, can assist you by contacting him at (832) 428-5679.