Select Page

Any nurse who faces any cases they wish to deny should hire a nurse attorney to strengthen their defense. Professionals can provide a better form of defense against the Texas Board of Nursing as an RN or LVN faces an accusation of any criminal charge they never committed.

It was on or about November 25, 2017, an RN was employed as a Registered Nurse at a hospital in Amarillo, Texas, the RN lacked fitness to practice nursing in that she was lethargic, repeatedly dozed off during conversations, and appeared inebriated the RN’s condition could have affected her ability to recognize subtle signs, symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions, and could have affected her ability to make rational, accurate, and appropriate assessments, judgments, and decisions regarding patient care, thereby placing the patients in potential danger.

In regards to the incident, the RN states that during her pregnancy she experienced black out episodes and seizures and during a doctor’s appointment she discovered she had blood sugar and blood pressure problems. The RN states that she was placed on heavy medication that altered her mental status and she was deemed unable to work. Lastly, the RN states she currently isn’t working and doesn’t know when she’ll be able to return to work.

The Texas Board of Nursing is the one who has full jurisdiction to RNs and LVNs facing any charges related to their duties. Therefore, they have the right to discipline every Rn who was found guilty of negligence, misbehavior or any misconduct complaints for them.

Because the RN was not able to provide enough evidence to justify her case, the Texas Board of Nursing disciplined her license. Additionally, she failed to hire a nurse attorney for assistance, causing her to lose her RN license.

Losing your LVN or RN license can compromise your career. However, a skilled nurse attorney can greatly help you in major cases such as this. For assistance regarding your nurse license case, it’s best to contact Nurse Attorney Yong J. An by contacting him at (832) 428-5679.